Here are some of my images from college.

I have been lucky enough to returned to education as a mature student to study fabric design. In the past have made my own clothes, knitted garments and altered clothes to make them up to date or look different. Always taken an interest in fashion, fabric and the construction of garments. Also attended a jewellery design and making course working in silver and gold and still wearing some of my pieces today but gave most of them away as presents ! Spent alot of time restoring old furniture for my home instead of buying new and had some unique stuff !!


Wednesday 20 March 2013

Whitworth Art Gallery.

   


            Another visit to the Whitworth Gallery to see: Callum Innes and Beryl Korot.





I was very impressed with Callum Innes work. The way he works
his canvases with paint, turps and paint again. This gives the effect of fabric.


Beryl Korot  work was more interesting to read about
than look at. Maybe I am being a bit harsh or may be
the colours are a bit drab for me. But I do understand her idea and inspiration
she had by the punchcard system of the jacquard loom.




 These were the only exhibitions that I had not seen before at the Whitworth Art Gallery. I have seen Richard Long, Michael Landy, John Piper and the textile displays on the ground floor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment