Here are some of my images from college.

I have been lucky enough to returned to education as a mature student to study fabric design. In the past have made my own clothes, knitted garments and altered clothes to make them up to date or look different. Always taken an interest in fashion, fabric and the construction of garments. Also attended a jewellery design and making course working in silver and gold and still wearing some of my pieces today but gave most of them away as presents ! Spent alot of time restoring old furniture for my home instead of buying new and had some unique stuff !!


Saturday 23 February 2013

Tie- Dyeing

 My tie dye fabric.
 I dyed the fabric with a coffee/sandy coloured dye and then tied it in two places with knot. Then I mixed some dyes to die the fabric brown as you can see the fabric turned out blue! Actually I think the photograph looks better than the actual fabric but the problem is it doesn't match my colour palette! If the dye had turned out brown it would have fitted in my colour palette very nicely. But that's life.
I have to say, I'm not a fan of dip dyeing or tie dyeing. Reminds me of the times when tie-dyeing was in fashion and I wasn't very keen on it then. Maybe I could use it if I embroidered into it or printed over it. But I don't think it's be a technique I will use very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment