Here are some of my images from college.

I have been lucky enough to returned to education as a mature student to study fabric design. In the past have made my own clothes, knitted garments and altered clothes to make them up to date or look different. Always taken an interest in fashion, fabric and the construction of garments. Also attended a jewellery design and making course working in silver and gold and still wearing some of my pieces today but gave most of them away as presents ! Spent alot of time restoring old furniture for my home instead of buying new and had some unique stuff !!


Saturday 23 February 2013

The Choice of Motifs For Printing



  These are my motifs for my printing screen.


 These are actual flights numbers that fly out of Manchester airport.


 This  image is taken from a 1962 car manual for a VW beetle. 

 This image was adapted from a field hydrogeology in a maths book.

This is another image taken from a calculation in a maths book.


 This motif is taken from Manchester airport noise data.

 This is from my flower data which has been drawn on Illustrator.


 Here I multiplied the image for my screen.


 This is another image I created on Illustrator from my flowered data.

 This is my preview of my print screen which I will be using in the print room using the colours from my palette.



 These are the motifs I have created from my data. I really enjoyed doing these these motifs and I had a difficult choice to choose which motifs I would use on my screen.  My motifs are made up from maths images, airport data, flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment