Here are some of my images from college.

I have been lucky enough to returned to education as a mature student to study fabric design. In the past have made my own clothes, knitted garments and altered clothes to make them up to date or look different. Always taken an interest in fashion, fabric and the construction of garments. Also attended a jewellery design and making course working in silver and gold and still wearing some of my pieces today but gave most of them away as presents ! Spent alot of time restoring old furniture for my home instead of buying new and had some unique stuff !!


Saturday 20 April 2013

Unit X The Art School.

During my research of Manchester Art School, I wanted to know what the original colours for the art school  were. So I went to special collections and asked if they could help me and a very nice gentleman called Jeremy Parrett said yes, he was sure there was a document available and would email the documents to me.  Below is the image of 175 names I will be using for Unit X.
 This is a list of the staff andAlumni from 1938. 





 And this is the document that was sent to me from special collections.

This is from the " Calendar of the Municipal School of Art"  1913 – 1914

and this is the earliest reference to school colours that can be found.

 These are the colours that I will be using as part of unit X. Unless of course they

do not fit in to what I am doing !

No comments:

Post a Comment