Here are some of my images from college.

I have been lucky enough to returned to education as a mature student to study fabric design. In the past have made my own clothes, knitted garments and altered clothes to make them up to date or look different. Always taken an interest in fashion, fabric and the construction of garments. Also attended a jewellery design and making course working in silver and gold and still wearing some of my pieces today but gave most of them away as presents ! Spent alot of time restoring old furniture for my home instead of buying new and had some unique stuff !!


Wednesday 19 December 2012

The Lowry Gallery, Salford Quays.

Went to see the Lowry collection on the Salford Quays it's the first time I've been to this gallery and was very impressed with the modern setting. A very well laid out gallery, well lit and easy to access.
Great to see LS.Lowry's pictures together. Much to my delight Peter Blake also had an exhibition there too.




The Doctor's waiting
room.



Post Office.
Going to work.
The Level Crossing


Self portrait of LS.Lowry.


Peter Blake.




A Self Portrait of Peter Blake.



Pop Art 1950's




The juke box.
 
 
 
 
 


Pictures at the exhibition.
 
Sorry, some of the images are small or not too sharp... not allowed to take photographs while I was there. So had to rely on the website photographs.
Peter Blake's exhibition is amazing and well worth going to see. I last saw him at Liverpool Tate roughly 6 years ago.This exhibition is to celebrate his 80th birthday year.



No comments:

Post a Comment