Here are some of my images from college.

I have been lucky enough to returned to education as a mature student to study fabric design. In the past have made my own clothes, knitted garments and altered clothes to make them up to date or look different. Always taken an interest in fashion, fabric and the construction of garments. Also attended a jewellery design and making course working in silver and gold and still wearing some of my pieces today but gave most of them away as presents ! Spent alot of time restoring old furniture for my home instead of buying new and had some unique stuff !!


Wednesday 19 December 2012

Data

This brief is about Data. For the first part of the brief all the students stood in a line line to play Chinese whispers. The first person was given the brief and passed the information to next person and so on. The last person's brief was very different to the first person's brief, like graph paper ! The information passed to me was..... go to the library and choose some books for graphs, words, and numbers. With this information I went to the library to choose books for the next part of the brief.
This is my choice of books: Decision and Discrete Mathematics and Field Hyrogeology. From these two books I created drawings from some of the images inside the books. Also I wanted to mark make using cardboard/wood objects as well as pen/brush.

Drawing from Decision and Discrete Mathematics.
Black oil bar, pen and liquid paper pen. 



Another drawing from Decision and Discrete Mathematics.
Dripped ink with round marks made from cardboard object and filled
with photocopied numbers from the above book and photocopied text
 from my diary.
 


Again another drawing from the mathematics book.
I did use a brush for the white gouache paint. 



These are the objects I used for the mark making of the above
pictures.



This is a personal data drawing. Photocopiered my passport pages
and the diary pages from one of my holidays in India and mark making over them in ink.
Not turned out as I would have liked the V signs look like bird feet and this was not the mark
 I wanted !
 
 
 
These are the objects I used for the above image. 



A black liner pen was used for the mark making in this image.
This drawing is from the book Field Hydrogeology.




The above image is very striking to look at and the
mathematics pictures above are interesting to look
at. I am really enjoying the Data project. Great  
trying the different information data available
and changing it into a piece of art work. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment