Here are some of my images from college.

I have been lucky enough to returned to education as a mature student to study fabric design. In the past have made my own clothes, knitted garments and altered clothes to make them up to date or look different. Always taken an interest in fashion, fabric and the construction of garments. Also attended a jewellery design and making course working in silver and gold and still wearing some of my pieces today but gave most of them away as presents ! Spent alot of time restoring old furniture for my home instead of buying new and had some unique stuff !!


Thursday 11 April 2013

Around Amsterdam.

Amsterdam is a beautiful city with crooked houses, houseboats and a network of canals with lots to see.
One house window of interest.


 This museum has been closed for refurbishment since 2003 and is actually going to open again April 2013.

 Lots, lots and lots of bicycles.

 The crooked houses.


 How about a sweetie bath! This is a shop window advertising sweets.


Great picture of a sweet shop window.



Quirky shops with interesting wares.



Interesting markets to browse.



 The Dutch love cheese and there's lots and lots of cheese shops
all containing rounds rounds of cheeses.


 These padlocks are an installation in their right.


Last but not least the red light district which I have to say was very busy
for Sunday after noon.

 I loved my time in Amsterdam there was so much to see and do plenty of restaurants, little cafes, great buildings to look out and canal trips to choose from. I most certainly will be visiting Amsterdam again but next time, I hope it will be warmer as it was bitterly cold and windy.  If you have time and the money, it is most certainly worth a trip to Amsterdam not just see the canals and architecture but also to experience the transport system which must be one of the best in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment